SGRE Summer Intern Program is May 18 – August 14
Wind Turbine Blade Design
Offshore wind power plays a critical role in securing a renewable energy future. You can be a part of a rapidly growing industry with forecasted 25x increase in offshore wind energy capacity by 2050. Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) is the world leader in offshore wind power with a growing backlog and strong investments in Offshore R&D.
The SGRE Blade Design department in Boulder, Colorado, helps drive the growth of the offshore wind industry by designing the longest composite structures in the world. Our blades lower the cost of energy through technology innovation. The department is composed of international multi-disciplinary experts in aerodynamics, acoustics, structures, loads, and controls working concurrently in an enriching open-office concept. Our world-class center offers an open, inspiring, and diverse working environment in downtown Boulder, Colorado
- Developing and/or improving tools for blade and turbine design and analysis using primarily MATLAB, Python and FORTRAN
- Supporting blade design engineers, primarily in the fields of Aerodynamics and Loads by performing relevant technical studies
Required skills, experience, and education:
- Rising junior, senior or rising first year grad student
- Pursing Bachelor or Master’s degree in Aerospace Eng., Mechanical Eng., Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or related field
- 3.0+ overall GPA
- Strong programming experience with Python or MATLAB
- A strong desire to develop and grow under the guidance of senior level engineers
- Ability to communicate both orally and in written reports
- It is essential that you are
able to work and thrive both independently and in a team environment, have
a systematic and well organized approach, and maintain solid oversight of
tasks with emphasis on communication.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
- Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Part-time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.