Siemens Digital Industries Software is looking for an Application Support Engineer to strengthen our operations in the UK. The position is based in London and focuses on physical testing as part of our Simcenter Customer Support organization. The role of Application Support Engineer ensures a technical success of the customers using Simcenter Testing solutions, provision of technical advice and knowledge to existing customers for product and application related issues and development of understanding of customer business requirements.
Siemens Digital Industries Software in an organization guided by performance where the achievement of objectives and the entrepreneurial spirit are rewarded. We offer a flexible way of working, a continuous training and an environment where initiative is highly appreciated.
An Application Support Engineer is expected to work closely with current and potential customers in order to understand their engineering processes and propose solution methodologies that would create positive business outcomes and help customers meet their test objectives. General day to day activities include:
- Executing a dedicated support engineer role for specific accounts with a focus on the Aerospace & Defense sector. In that context you will proactively support users in deploying and adopting the Simcenter Test products.
- Teaming up with the Sales organization in order to identify opportunities to expand the installed base and ensure the renewal of maintenance contracts.
- Supporting customers remotely as well as on-site.
- Conducting customer visits in the UK and throughout EMEA
- Developing technical expertise on Siemens Simcenter Test systems
- Delivering customers trainings on Simcenter Test products
· A good first degree or Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
· Background and interest in Automotive, Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
· Experience with Simcenter Testing solutions (Testlab, Testxpress, SCADAS Hardware) would be an advantage
· Knowledge of Digital Signal Processing is an asset
- Knowledgeable in the domain of NVH and fatigue testing
- Fluent in English; proficiency in other languages would be an advantage
· Ability to manage workload priorities and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent in problem solving and analytical reasoning
· Thriving on customer-oriented communication
· Teamwork oriented
Please submit the following documents with your application: Letter of motivation, curriculum vitae (CV).
Siemens pays much attention to Diversity, thus welcoming applications which reflects this value, and guarantees equal opportunities. As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
About Siemens Digital Industries Software
Siemens Digital Industries Software is an engineering innovation company, with proven track record in the area of experimental, numerical and hybrid (mixed experimental-numerical) system modelling for noise, vibration, durability and dynamics, performing substantial in-house research on advanced methods and applications. SISW is part of the Siemens PLM Software, a leading global provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software and services with seven million licensed seats and more than 71,000 customers worldwide. Headquartered in Plano, Texas, Siemens collaborates with companies to deliver open solutions, helping them make smarter decisions that result in better products. For more information on Siemens PLM Software products and services, visit www.siemens.com/plm.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time