- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
- Perform onsite service for Siemens equipment in the office and at various customer locations nationally
- Ensure all work performed adheres to Employment Standard Act, Company EHS Policy, Statutory Regulations, Customers Requirements at all times
- Work with Service Supervisor to plan work schedules 3-4 weeks in advance and organize tools equipment or materials as needed
- Responsible to achieve productivity and efficiency levels in-line with set targets
- Manage and coordinate service projects with regard to execution time and budget constraints
- Responsible to monitor and document any execution slippage and work closely together with Supervisor for all the financial reports and slippage mitigation actions and coordinate timely invoicing
- Ensure the correct procedures and standard tools are fully utilized Work in compliance with ISO9000 standards and in accordance with the customers requirements and all other Company quality assurance procedures and technical directives
- Ensure all the necessary documentation work reports timesheets expense reports etc. are provided in a timely manner
- Identify additional chargeable opportunities including T&M, system extensions, upgrades and service contacts
- Deliver technical support coaching and direction to end users and other Field Service Representatives as applicable
- Represent the Company and the department at customer premises in a professional manner at all times Establish a good working relationship with all customers and adhere to the company business code
- Complete and submit written service reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity
- Post Secondary education in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ years of experience in delivering high quality customer service to a broad range of customers
- Working knowledge of Siemens Factory Automation Hardware (SIMATIC S7 PLC family) and software (TIA Portal, Step 7) and relevant Industry standards
- Working knowledge of Siemens Process Automation Hardware and software (SIMATIC PCS 7 ver 7, 8 and 9) and relevant Industry standards
- Working knowledge of Siemens HMI Hardware (Comfort Panel etc) and software (WINCC Professional) and relevant Industry standards
- Proven diagnostic skills - able to systematically identify and resolve technical problems
- Proven organizational skills - able to plan effectively and priorities workloads including the ability to multi-task and delegate effectively
- Self-motivated and calm under pressure
- Commercially and technically aware
- Driving license in good standing is essential
- Bilingual (English and French) would be an asset
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.