SGRE Summer Intern Program is May 18 – August 14
Summer Intern – Heavy Lifts Service Operations
Leading the way forward in the renewable energy sector, Siemens Gamesa provides cleaner, more reliable and more affordable wind power. Our scale, global reach and proven track record ensure that we will play a central role in shaping the energy landscape of the future. We are currently looking for an innovative and professional intern to join the Heavy Lifts Service Operations department for a summer internship in Orlando, FL.
The Heavy Lifts Intern is responsible for supporting the Service organization with main component scheduling, documentation improvement, technical document reviews (work procedures, crane lifting diagrams, main component rigging, bill of materials, tools lists, etc.), creating workflows for new procedures, analyzing supplier quotes, and standardizing procedures that align with strategic goals of the organization. Internship may include field based experience to improve understanding of group dynamics. The internship involves using communication, computer, creative thinking, technical and analytical skills to get things done effectively. Internship includes mentorship, soft and technical skills training, and networking to learn more about the SGRE organization and wind industry.
• Continue development of Heavy Lift’s daily report (Excel document used by 50+ technicians daily to report job status to back office)
• Develop workflow documents for main bearing, gearbox, blade, transformer, Liftra, Rotorhook, etc.
• Develop a procedure for using an existing Apple app or create an app that improves scheduling of Heavy Lifts technicians
• Field based experience to ensure intern understands the lifecycle of a main component replacement (PM scheduling, dispatching, tooling, transport, component replacement, documentation required,
• Sub-contractor management (evaluating quotes, suppliers, situations to ensure the most successful outcome)
• Technical document reviews and create tooling BOMs (supporting initiative to replace OOEM components)
• Continue creation of Aftermarket Quoting tool. Standardize quoting procedure (number of hours per job, type of equipment required, crane requirements, etc.)
• Other responsibilities and projects assigned by manager
Required skills, experience, and education:
• Pursing Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, Project Management, or applicable field
• Rising sophomore, junior, or Senior
• 3.0+ overall GPA
• Advanced computer skills with MS Office (word, excel, power point)
• Solid communication skills both verbal and written
• Demonstrate innovation and forward-thinking aptitude through previous school projects, employment, or extracurricular activities
• Demonstrate problem solving skills with a can-do mentality
• Experience with presenting in front of small and large groups
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred skills, experience, and education:
• Experience in cranes, load charts, technical documentation
• Advanced experience in MS Excel
• Able to climb to 265+ ft and work inside turbine nacelle