The overall responsibility of the position is to provide support in a wide variety of semi-complex technical assignments.
Specific tasks will include:
- Preparing chemical buffers and protein based matrices.
- Participates in conducting semi-complex tests or investigations pertaining to the development of new designs methods, materials, or processes and investigates possible application of results.
- Obtains, correlates, and analyzes technical information needed to accomplish semi-complex tasks.
- Provides support in preparing reports, charts, graphs, and other documents.
- Participates in developing designs for a variety of products, processes, and components.
- Assist with laboratory and equipment maintenance as well as laboratory safety.
- Assist with ordering chemicals and supplies.
- Writing reports and oral presentations
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
The candidate should have a good grasp of knowledge and principles of immunoassays and development process. Strong experience in developing in-vitro diagnostic assays preferred.
- Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives and statistical analysis, including design of experiments.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly technical information both verbally and in writing is essential.
- Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan. This position involves handling potentially biohazardous serum and plasma from human and animal sources.
BS with 0-2+ years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences or Medical Devices preferred. Knowledge and/or experience in the field of chemiluminescence and immunoassays is preferred but not required.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.