Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
As a new Siemens team member joining the Energy Business Advisory team, you will develop and implement process improvements and net new business capabilities enabling smart grid technologies to achieve desired business objectives.
The core responsibilities of the Asset Management Consultant are to create the assigned strategic development plan artifacts, process change documentation and support the development of functional design specifications for smart grid technology deployment while providing high quality consultancy services to client.
· Guiding client through asset operation and maintenance decision while evaluating the business consequence of changes in capital or maintenance budget for current and future state
· Optimizing and justifying planned asset expenditures for operation and capital to internal and external stakeholders
· Ensuring that critical assets are optimized with respect to cost performance and risk over the lifecycle of the assets while performing Health Index calculations
· Assess leading and lagging performance indicators as well as current and past performances of assets to predict future performances
· Support and facilitate onsite workshops with utility management teams while discussing current business performance strategic objectives, industry trends and potential new business models
· Document assigned areas of key roadmap scenarios and create detailed transformation business case requirement reports under the supervision of team leaders
Provide support in research of financial analysis and design
(cost/benefit, lifecycle costings, net present value calculations, Payback period/RoI, Discounted cash flow, EAC etc)
· Perform sale support activities as needed to achieve business goals
· Asset decommissioning and disposal activities as required
· Degree in Electrical Engineering
· Master’s degree or PhD in Power System Networks or Asset Management would be a strong advantage
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience testing, measuring, performing data analysis on generation, transmission and distribution assets, its function, understanding risk profiles, failure modes and asset degradation mechanism, root causes, condition attributes, remedial treatments, and field inspections experience.
· Minimum of five (5) years of proven experience to act as a trusted advisor to customers
· Strong knowledge of asset total life cycle models, system engineering, configuration management, fault and incident response
· Experience in shutdown and outage management strategies
· Experience with AM strategy and planning including demand analysis
· Preferred ISO55000 certified professional
· Experience with asset management systems (Asset Registry, GIS, OT Data Historian, Material Management, Work Management, Outage Analytics, Business Intelligence, Spatial Analysis, Asset Investment Planning, Program Portfolio Management) would be considered a strong asset
· Knowledge of maintenance strategies and asset risk assessment and management
· Up to 50% inter-provincial travel required in Canada
· Some international travel may be required
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we
advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.