- Overall P&L responsibility for the assigned project
- Lead and manage assigned projects to deliver on target agreements
- Provide project transparent controlling & reporting to local & global management
- Lead formal client interface on assigned projects and keep all project stakeholders informed on project status
- Lead assigned project team members to accomplish assigned work and conduct timely team meetings
- Ensure effective & efficient project close-out and handover to service organization and life cycle
- Responsible for project risk, change, and claim management
- Responsible for all decisions affecting project financial and schedule outcomes
- Provide approval for project procurement plan, procurement budget, purchase order requisitions, and purchase orders
- Create and lead management of the project execution plan
- Create and maintain critical path schedule for the project
- Escalates project issues to appropriate management for prompt resolution.
- Approval of all Estimate at Completion (EAC) changes for the project
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or other engineering degree
- 5+ years in projects in the roles of processing / construction / engineering / development / commercial / management activity with varying duties / functions
- 5+ years professional experience in project management activities
- PM @ Siemens certification or PMP certification
- Command of spoken and written English language (and local language if possible); other languages welcome.
- Knowledge of MS Projects or Primevera
- Advanced ability to influence others without direct authority, ability to guide cross-functional teams
- Previous experience with project roles with interface to team members/customers/partners in other countries, regions and cultures.
- Flexibility to work on international projects with multi-cultural background and travel worldwide as required
- Business results focus, entrepreneur, strategic-orientation
- Ability to define project-specific processes as required to support the successful completion of project goals. Ability to adapt to situations requirements quickly.
- Ability to tailor messages for the audience
- Spanish and German speaking
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.