Making manufacturing smarter.
The manufacturing industry is facing a significant transformation process and we want to ensure the industry's success in the future. To do so, we need forward-thinkers who have an eye for the bigger picture; and clever minds looking for answers. Help us get the manufacturing industry ready for the future of automation and digitalization.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner
of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s
Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
Siemens Canada Limited is looking for a Junior Electrical Engineer who will provide technical production support for control panel assembly.
- Understanding engineering and production documents prior to installation;
- Reading and analyzing electrical plans;
- Planning the electrical and electronic component layout and assembly;
- Assisting in the assembly of complex control panels in a context of customized products in low-voltage distribution boards;
- Conducting functionality tests at the end of the assembly;
- Annotating plans (if necessary) and producing as-built drawings;
- Making products more competitive by assisting in design and improvement processes for the various options available;
- Implementing changes during production;
- Participating in the drafting of instruction manuals and operating guides;
- Participating in the analysis of functionality issues;
- Planning and participating in customer tests and producing acceptance reports.
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience in fields related to the position
- Knowledge of applied electronics
- Knowledge of techniques and standards for wiring electrical and electronic components
- Basic knowledge of technical drawing software (CAD)
- Very strong fluency in French (spoken and written)
- Strong fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work cooperatively with different stakeholders
- Ability to communicate factually and concisely regarding progress information of a project
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Proactive, independent and entrepreneurial.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.