Siemens Building Technologies is actively searching for a Sales Manager for Fire or Security Automation Sales Group leading one of our most prestigious offices which is in the Capitol City of California! Reporting into the Sacramento office, the Sales Manager is responsible for driving employees to achieve business selling goals within the appropriate division through owning the sales function and ensuring strong customer relationships are established and maintained.
We will also consider someone who has at least a decade of experience as an Account Executive who comes from the Automation or similar industry and would like to be promoted into this role.
Are you up for this challenge?
- Promote team selling and expansion of existing relationships across divisions and/or geographic areas.
- Coordinate engineering and sales support activities to facilitate offering and supporting quality products; Acts as a resource to sales employees regarding SBTs products, applications and services.
- Drive the sales team to achieve commitment to Building Technologies’ philosophy and customer happiness.
- Communicate goals, provide mentoring to develop skills, lead employee performance, and provide performance appraisals.
- Review bidding to ensure accuracy and appropriate method to meet company and customer objectives. Assist employees in resolving margins, identifying resources and assessing future potential business.
- Participate in selling to large/key accounts as needed. Maintain ongoing contacts with clientele and consider these customers needs relative to new product development.
- Support Building Technologies by networking with Zone, Branch, and US Corporate Headquarters to increase knowledge of offerings, for yourself, your team and other employees.
- Provide input for standard methodology work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects.
- Develop sales forecast and provide input to budget. Identify market opportunities and develop strategies to improve impact to SBT. Participate in development of long-range sales planning and growth strategies.
- Develop sales/ marketing promotions for distribution channels.
- Aware of competitor product/service information and advises employees on effective sales tactics as needed,
- Maintains trade contacts and participates in functions in industry associations in accordance with company policy.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidates with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will also be considered.
- 8+ years of sales experience including two years of experience leading sales teams within a similar Building Automation, Electrical, Mechanical or Architecture Firm. Or, 10 Years as an Account Executive in these same industries.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills for mentoring sales staff and interfacing with customers.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license in good standing in order to participate in the Siemens Vehicle Plan.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.