Are you passionate about solving some of the world's most pressing challenges and making buildings smarter, more efficient, and more productive? Are you interested in developing your career path within a global technology powerhouse which empowers employee creativity to change, challenge, and influence our business and customer relationships?
This is the career for you!
SIEMENS Smart Infrastructure is seeking a confident and ambitious entry level engineering professional to grow our Building Automation business in the Austin TX metro area in vertical markets such as Industrial/Commercial Buildings, K-12, Universities, and Municipalities. This position is critical to our sales success.
The Sales Estimator is an entry level position that reports to the Branch Manager at the local branch to support the growth and sales efficiency of the Sales Team covering the Metro area. In this role, this individual will primarily focus on estimating, pricing, and generating proposals, which ultimately will drive growth of the business.
What we offer you:
Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment. The office location also offers a free and onsite gym membership and there is an onsite cafe also.
This is also a pathway to a sales position.
- Completes sales estimates for sales team including project take-offs, specification interpretation, and associated activities, including preparing cost estimates and price quotations on new work and coordinates the preparation of cost estimates on project continuations. Uses AutoCAD to build riser diagrams. Coordinates wiring requirements with subcontractors on turnkey projects.
- Collects information from other functions, vendors, and subcontractors to complete sales quotations as needed and attends job meetings and site walk-throughs to gain deeper project and customer knowledge while assisting the sales team(s) in configuring systems including constructing riser diagrams. Additionally, will obtain quotes from outside vendors for ancillary products and services.
- Activities will include bid project take-offs, interpretation of specifications, development of bill of materials (BOM), and other activities.
- May attend pre-bid meetings and client site visits to develop deeper customer and project understanding.
- Completes all record keeping entries and documentation on quotes within sales estimating tools and ensures accurate data movement into the SAP system and completes any required adjustments. Will also assist with ongoing maintenance of those tools and SAP as needed.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Required education: High School diploma, state-accredited GED, or state-recognized high school placement exam. with industry experience or a bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, or other Technical degree with no industry experience.
- Required travel: 5%
- Requires technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of value engineering, related contractual concepts, and financial acumen.
- Proficient written and verbal communication in English.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without the current or future need for work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Preferred education: Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering or technical field to compliment the type of estimating work required for this role.
- Proven ability to comprehend, explain, and estimate labor and materials associated with the type of electrical infrastructure required for building automation systems. This understanding could come from working other related roles in the controls industry, fire alarm industry, or even from performing other estimator roles from other segments of the electrical or mechanical industry.
- Preferred experience: Three to five years of crafting Automation systems.
- Other Preferences:
- Local connections with Austin Metro Area construction contractors.
- Knowledge of Commercial HVAC products
- Knowledge of controls systems and products
- Lighting estimating experience a plus not required
- Proven experience to perform quoting and estimating functions.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.