As the Human Resources Site lead, you will be a key Business Partner, for the Gas and Power Division. You will be supporting the Winston Service Center (8 miles northwest of Winston-Salem). You will partner directly with the management teams to deliver consultative HR services aligned to the business strategy. In addition, you will also serve as an advocate for a population of approximately 300 employees.
The position will provide a full range of Human Resources support and expertise to the Service Power Generation (SPG) business unit including:
- As a trusted partner to and a member of the local senior leadership team, brings deep insight, an independent viewpoint and HR expertise to business issues.
- Proactively drive HR strategy within organization as aligned with business goals.
- Partner with the HR organization for the talent management process, including annual talent reviews and organization planning to accelerate leadership development at all levels in the organization.
- Promote and champion diversity efforts in hiring, promotion, job rotations, etc.
- Implement employee relations strategies and communication designed to create an environment that drives maximum individual and team success and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues
- Partner with the leadership team to increase focus on performance management to maximize employee contributions and to proactively address performance issues.
- Partner with HR Advisors and Shared Services efforts on escalated questions regarding payroll, workers compensation, leave of absences, investigations, policies, etc.
- Provide counsel to managers and employees consistent with Siemens policies.
- Identify needs for change management and champion related activities
- Travel approximately 10-15% of the time.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS/BA in related discipline
- 8+ years of successful experience in a human resources capacity with successful demonstration of the key responsibilities as presented above.
- Min. of 3 years of experience as a HR Business Partner within a manufacturing/warehouse environment
- Experience in working in a highly matrixed and remote organization.
- Ability to prioritize rapidly; strong problem solving skills; excellent decision making/analysis skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effective communications at levels; in both written and oral format
- Develop and leverage strong business relationships
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Energy Markets
- Labor Relations experience
- Strong project management skills
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.