Service Operations Team Leader - Building Technologies - Potsdam, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200614
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Service Operations Supervisor to lead and direct our Service Team in the Potsdam, NY Area. This first-line supervisory position is responsible for managing Service Mechanics and Field Specialists as well as staffing needs.
• Provides technical support, expertise, leadership and accountability for service projects, service agreements, and/or T&M work.
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls all service work and service project activities for assigned projects and/or service accounts.
• Works with Client Service Managers to ensure Customer satisfaction.
• Supervises employees to ensure schedules are maintained and service work proceeds according to plans, resulting from service agreement proposals, service project proposal and cost estimates.
• Ensures T&M work is completed in an effective and profitable fashion.
• Plans and justifies manpower, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned service work.
• Utilizes the service agreement low-GM improvement process, service tools, and assists in monthly forecasting.
• Ensures proper job management and cost control by reviewing service financial statements.
• Maintains and improves booked margins for service agreements.
• Directs and supervises the development of service agreement plans and the use of those plans in the monitoring and control of progress in the execution of the work.
• Reviews customer feedback and ensures service agreement retention and account growth goals are achieved including adds, extras, upgrades, escalations, and timely renewals.
• Develops manpower schedules and loading to ensure contract completion and labor leveling.
• Maintains timely communications and harmonious relationships between solutions, service, and sales so that project completion and turnover to service can be coordinated to customer disruptions, to maximize our profitability and to insure a smooth transition to a service agreement.
• Builds and maintains an effective service operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
• Conducts annual performance reviews
• Manages or advises on hiring, training and development, allocation and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
• Reviews Sales proposals for Service Contracts and Project proposals.
• Weekly timesheet review and approval
• Provides the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent is a minimum requirement) and experience will also be considered.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in the HVAC/Building Automation field.
• Must have a minimum of 3 years of prior supervisory experience.
• Demonstrates knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work groups.
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management and disciplinary action.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an awesome career opportunity, we offer:
• A competitive base salary
• Very good health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, and life insurance
• Extensive training, along with career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate. Come advance your career with Siemens!