Looking for a qualified IT technician ready to support Siemens team and Customers on their IOT devices. Will be responsible to use enterprise tools and cloud technology to provide reliable access on multiple devices. The goal is to build and maintain computer systems and devices to optimize the role of technology on business continuity.
• Adheres to operational working rules and guidelines, and proposes process improvements.
• Processes all assigned tasks and checks progress of agreed transactions and workflows to ensure timely completion.
• Completes IT operations and maintenance related transactions with involved internal and external parties.
• Responds to operations related enquiries, may act as first point of contact in subject matters.
• May perform 1st-Level user help desk activities.
• Collaborates with functionally involved Operations Professionals.
• Works independently, as a stand-alone position or within a functionally dedicated team of IT Operations Professionals.
• Overall responsibility – Support all location’s employees in setup, maintenance and emergency repairs including laptop computers, peripheral devices, printers, and smartphones.
• Check device hardware and software (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
• Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
• Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
• Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
• Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders
• Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.) with goal to get employee back on the jobsite including deploying temporary equipment (mobile and desktop phones, computers) as needed. Work with equipment vendors and Siemens IT to manage and lower repair time and subsequent employee downtime.
• On/Off Boarding Support of employees - Software, Hardware, Phones, etc. Commissioning and decommissioning per Siemens policies.
• IT Champion/Liaison - Leads efforts for IT software and hardware upgrades and rollout, out of scope software, and new tools deployment by interacting with various Siemens stakeholders.
• IT Ticket Management – Logs tickets for first level Siemens IT support. Coordinates ticket resolution between IT and end user. Manages escalations and resolutions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are required to be considered for this position.
• Proven Experience as an IT technician or relevant position
• Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication ability
• Strong organizational and time-management skills
• Understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Outline exactly what knowledge/skills, education, and experiences are preferred but NOT required to be considered for this position.
• Associates degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, engineering
• Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
• 2+ years in related experience
• Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.