Software Development Student Internship
Location: Cypress, California
Start Date: Summer 2020
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Part-time during the school year
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We are seeking a motivated individual who has an interest in software development. You will get the opportunity to:
- Support PR fixing. Train to eventually fix team PRs in preparation of becoming an owner of a TAC category.
- Help managers test projects and TAC category NX areas owned by their respective teams. The managers will provide detailed test instructions for each project that the intern will test.
- The TAC category NX area testing will be directed by area manual test plans.
- Perform automated test development and analysis
- Specifically analyze the code coverage of project and TAC area auto tests and support the augmentation of automated test suites with new and enhanced tests to improve that coverage
- Co-develop projects with the team to gain familiarity with the SDLC
- Develop tools to improve development efficiency
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a CAD related field
- Graduating in 2021 or later
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States
- Large system development and user interface development experience is highly desired
- Strong coding skills in C++ or JAVA
- Knowledgeable in object oriented concepts
- Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
- Experience with computer-aided design or engineering software
- Able to work well in a team and independently
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-Time temporary
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.