Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
· Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
· Solve the worlds most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
· Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
· Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
· Competitive total rewards package.
· Profit sharing available.
· Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
· Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
· Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
· Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
· Employee perks and discounts.
· Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018 and Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019.
What will you do?
The Journeyman Duel ticket role directly contributes and supports the repair operations of the Canadian Service Centers through the inspection and repair of Dresser-Rand & Siemens legacy rotating equipment. It directly impacts the Service Center business by providing client billable man-hours on work in the shop. The position will work closely with the Machinists and other Millwrights in all areas to complete jobs within the clients’ time frame under the mentorship of the Leadhand.
· Ensure work safety and follow all rules and procedures; work area is kept clean and organized
· Complete all required safety training
· Report all Near Misses, First Aids and Incidents to Supervisor
· Conduct Process / Behaviour Audits and report any safety concerns observed
· Attend and participate in all safety meetings; Attend and participate in all toolbox meetings
· Perform preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of mechanical equipment issues
· Complete all jobs in a timely manner
· Support Lead Hand Millwright and / or Machinist in all functional areas
· Verify measurements of other Machinists’ work to meet ISO requirements
· Fill out all required work documents including: Specification in Process Record, Daily Work Progress, Assessments, Routings, Timesheets, etc.
What will you need to succeed:
· Journeyman Machinist/Millwright Certification(s) (Apprentice in one of the two trades will be considered.
· Duel ticket preferred
· 2+ years of Journeyman Machinist/Millwright with Steam Turbine/Compressor experience (Reciprocating/Centrifugal)
· Ability to read and follow blueprints
· Ability to run both manual and CNC HBM, VTL, Lathes
· Strong attention to detail
· Experience and ability to use all hand tooling, torches, milling machines and boring mills, precision measuring equipment and rigging and lathes; there is also overhead crane use
· Previous rotating equipment repair experience
· Ability to disassemble, inspect, repair and reassemble rotating equipment
· Honeing, Lapping, and NDT experience
· Willingness to travel across Canada for Field Operations, if needed
· Must be able to lift 30 kg / 75 lbs
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure, Gas & Power, and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $565,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 50 non-profit organizations and planted 1,850 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada generates $2.2B in sales with 4,800 employees. Join our team of approximately 377,000 talented professionals in more than 200 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.caWhile we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Canada, ULC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.