The Manufacturing Manager position is responsible for managing the day-to-day manufacturing
activities within the Rotors and Machining areas in a unionized site with operational excellence as a goal. The incumbent will drive a strong safety culture throughout the department to become world class. This position reports to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the Manufacturing Leadership Team. The incumbent manages and directs staff including: 3 supervisors, 2 process engineers and ~80 hourly employees.
• Manages complex product manufacturing to ensure that cost effectiveness, manufacturability,
quality and safety requirements are attainable in the production process.
• Conduct periodic safety audits with department(s).
• Ensure all safety requirements for both OSHA and site specific are adhered to.
• Coordinate with both upstream and downstream manufacturing managers and production control to meet production requirements.
• Leads the development of accuracy and availability of complex procedures to support product modifications and assembly.
• Manages the establishment of costs, variances, inventory and material transactions.
• Identifies resource needs with significant influence on approval of identified needs.
• Work closely with union leadership to ensure a collaborative relationship.
• Work closely with function leads to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Define and develop manufacturing strategy with function leads.
• Excel and develop Shop Floor Management, drive sustainable problem solutions.
• Understand, live and improve value stream mapping/design.
• Successfully defines work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• Impact of decisions on business operations can have a high level of impact.
• Develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
• Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
• May be responsible for overall success of function or project.
Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
Demonstrates and applies advanced knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for area
managed and good knowledge of other areas in the company and how they interact.
Demonstrates full understanding and application of management approaches for work direction,
motivation, and performance management. Typically 2+ years of successful experience in a
directly related field and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• BS degree in mechanical, or related engineering degree
• 3-5 years experience leading a production area including general manufacturing practices, manufacturing engineering, production control etc
• Experience in a unionized environment
• Strong collaboration and influencing skills
• Experience with lean manufacturing tools and processes.
• Experience in ERP systems, ex: SAP
• Experience in initial elements of Industry 4.0
• Experience in supervising large machinging equipment ie: lathes, grinders, CNC machines
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
•Has working knowledge of Stamping/die production, die maintenance and machine tool equipment processes including manual/CNC lathes and boring mills.
•Understanding of Lean principles and practices.
•Knowledge and experience of Total Productive Maintenance systems.
•Read and interpret blueprints.
•Understand tolerances, both Metric and Standard measurement systems.
•Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Experience in an Engineer to Order environment is preferred.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.