The Team Lead for the Executive Communications (EC) team for the Board Members who are CEOs of Operating Companies (EC OP) of Siemens Communications is responsible to ensure holistic communications support for the respective Board Members. S/he provides leadership to the team of communications professionals who provide strategic, consultative communications support to these board members. S/he ensures the delivery of excellent, aligned and impactful communications for the respective Board Members. S/he also ensures and fosters collaboration within the EC OP team, across the EC team and with the other Communications teams in order to leverage the wide range of existing competencies and talent, share best practice and information. This is a leadership role, leading a team of ca. 6-7 team members, and reports directly to the Head of Executive Communications.
What part will you play?
- You drive the integration of and collaboration amongst the communications business partners, speechwriters and spokespeople to form multi-disciplinary communications team that provides holistic and aligned communications and positioning support to their respective Board Members who are CEOs of Operating Companies
- You lead the EC OP team by providing feedback, guidance and strategic and operational advice around their respective communications activities for the Board Members. You ensure effective positioning of these board members by holistically driving communications on relevant strategic/thought leadership topics
- Moreover, you ensure that all external and internal communications activities for the respective Board Members are orchestrated by the EC OP team across the various communications disciplines, channels and regions. You ensure alignment, consistency and seamlessness of all activities as well as compliance with the global Governance Communications guidelines
- You are working together within the EC OP team and with the broader EC teams, refine, customize and evolve the mid to long-term communications strategy for the respective Board Members to ensure that the strategy addresses changes in markets, target groups as well as communication modes. You ensure alignment with the overall Siemens communications strategy
- You manage budget and allocated resources efficiently. You reduce dependency on agencies by developing competencies in-house. Finally, you ensure that forecasts and budget targets are met. You formulate EC OP communications resource planning on a yearly basis, using robust analytics to determine relevant and measurable KPIs
- Further you proactively support the use analytics and KPIs to assess performance of communications activities allowing for prompt adjustments in the activities / resource allocation, as and when required
- An University degree or equivalent is the foundation of your success
- You have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a leadership position in a Communications and/or marketing department or communications agency/consultancy of a large multi-national organization
- Varied experience across functions is beneficial, e.g., strategic communications, employee engagement, media relations, speech writing and thought leadership
- You have demonstrated experience working in complex, matrix organizations, with a strong business results orientation
- You have a strong ability to position, interact, collaborate and influence across all levels of the organization, especially C-level executives
- Proven experience in managing and leading interdisciplinary teams toward common goals is required
- You have proven track record in attracting, recruiting and developing talents in the team
- Experience in working or living abroad is an advantage
- You have a language proficiency in German and English, other languages are a plus
+49 (9131) 17-1717 - if you wish to discuss any initial questions to job ID: 200758 with our recruitment team.
www.siemens.com/careers - if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time