What are my responsibilities?
- Providing day to day administrative support Duties including raising purchase orders, processing
expenses, filing and archiving
- Preparing specialised reports, statistics and correspondence
- Maintaining records and filing systems; typing and entering data into computer systems, including Office applications or specialised software packages
- Administering programmes, projects and processes specific to the organisation unit served
- Logging and reporting annual leave and sickness
- Supporting Team Administrator and cover the role when required
- Support to the Office Manager and the wider business
- Performing entrance and access controls in the depot at the reception desk
- Receiving and switching incoming calls
- Verifying credentials of persons entering property and announcing them to the appropriate contact person
- Assuring that packages leaving the property are duly authorised
- Ordering and replenishing stationery items
- Arranging meetings (booking rooms and catering requirements)
- Ordering and preparing catering for the meeting rooms
- Keeping reception area and meeting rooms clean and presentable
- Arranging taxis and couriers collection and delivery
- Implement safe systems and controls within your area of responsibility
Health, Safety & Environment
- Understand, implement and comply with the Siemens Rail Systems HSQE policies.
- Communicate health and safety responsibilities to your team (or virtual team) and ensure employees raise issues and participate in implementation of agreed changes.
- Fully participate and engage in RS behavioral safety agenda to ensure you and your team work safely.
- Engage with HSQE team to agree targets and priorities to communicate and cascade to team.
- Take reasonable care to avoid acts or omissions that may have an environmental impact.
- Accept personal responsibility to take care of ourselves and any others affected by one’s own acts or omissions
Continuous Improvement / Quality
- Actively participate in our 3is improvement Improvement/programme and drive implementation of Quality improvements from the team.
- Continuously develop cross functional and departmental processes.
- Exhibit the Siemens Rolling Stock behaviours throughout your Siemens career
- Monitor compliance to meet internal control procedures and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure awareness and understanding of Siemens compliance policies and 'Tell Us' ethos. Implement in areas of responsibility.
This role profile may vary from time to time in accordance with changes to business needs. Your annual objective settingwith your line manager will outline any additional responsibilities to meet business requirements or individual development needs for the forthcoming financial year.
Qualifications, Experience & Technical Know-How
- Proven capability in administrative skills and duties
- Effective organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Excellent communication and IT skills
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 385,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY LIMITED
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time