We are a collection of over 372,000 minds building the future, one day at a time. Together, we create technologies that take society further.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Oil & Gas Division as a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer will be responsible for supplier qualification, product/ process qualification & supplier development to provide a global, demand covering, quality assured and cost-effective supply base for components across several commodities.
Change the future with us.
- Lead Product validation through PPQ process
- Contain, manage and resolve Quality issues relating to Oil & Gas Division Turbine externally supplied parts and services.
- Provides supplier quality performance data to ensure a meaningful supplier performance evaluation
- Interact with Customer Facing businesses to investigate potential Product Non conformance
- Lead supplier root cause investigations and corrective actions through Problem Resolution process.
- Conduct improvement projects to Quality and Delivery performance improvement
- Investigate and resolve manufacturing capability issues within the supply chain to ensure business continuity
- Identify and support cost reduction opportunities through interaction with the Supply Chain/Strategy
- Audit existing and potential suppliers to determine capability of manufacturing and ensure quality systems are in place. Develop supplier capability to meet current and future requirements
- Lead and/or facilitate improvement projects to satisfy problems and improve performance of suppliers by applying appropriate LEAN / Quality improvement tools
- Train and coach suppliers to improve aspects of their business performance
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- Supplier Quality Engineer with experience ideally in the Industrial Gas Turbine/Aerospace Industry
- Proven track record of structured problem solving
- Understanding of manufacturing or service processes
- Experience of Hot Turbine coatings preferred:
- Understanding and application of ISO9001:2015
- Lead Auditing Qualification desireable
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Closing date for applications: 28th February
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industrial Turbomachinery Ltd.
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time