Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Join our Materials Solutions Business based in Worcester, as our new Manufacturing Engineer. You will join a team of 9 where your role will be to industrialize Additive Manufacturing and have a unique opportunity to work with blue-chip international clients from the Aerospace, Power Generation, Space and Motorsport sectors, who wish to utilise this cutting-edge manufacturing technology. You will work closely with Customer Design Engineers and Metallurgists and will follow projects through from initial enquiry and quotation through to shipment of parts. We are seeking an experienced and motivated team member to join our team.
Additive Manufacturing Engineer is required to join our materials technology business, which is a world leader in the industrial application of laser additive layer manufacturing of metals, with a current fleet of 24 AM machines. Want to know more about what it is like to work for our Worcester site? Have a look at this YouTube video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3lZcFVXkvA
- Be responsible as Manufacturing Engineer (Additive Manufacturing) to ensure components are produced within specifications, delivered on-time and get involved in planning, execution, co-ordinate and document of project activities.
- Act as the engineering point of contact with customers.
- Drive the execution of new manufacturing processes and tools.
- Ensure the quality requirements are met during AM manufacturing to internal and customer requirements.
- Spearhead the adoption and implementation of the latest best practices in manufacturing to ensure repeatable and reliable processing
- Troubleshoot problems and find innovative solutions.
- Coordinate with other disciplines within Materials Solutions such as Sales, Operations, Quality and Procurement.
- Liaise with sub-contractors as technical coordinator for outsourced services during manufacturing.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds.
- Industrial experience gained within Aerospace, Space or similar industry
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- You will have New Product Introduction experience such as Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) & Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or similar methods.
- Experience using problem solving tools (8D, 5Why and other Lean tools)
- Knowledge of aerospace requirements particularly operating to AS9100
- Good knowledge of mechanical design, CAD, machining & manufacturing methods for metal parts would be an advantage.
- Strong knowledge of design practices and part requirements including Geometric Dimensions & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- We are looking for a self-motivated Manufacturing Engineer who is passionate about advance manufacturing technologies.
- You will be able to multi-task & prioritise your workload
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Siemens Gas and Power is focused on helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralized flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a generous base salary, annual bonus and we celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carve-out and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Materials Solutions Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time