We’re hiring a Project Manager to support our growing Security Solutions Group (Commercial IP Video/Access Control/Intrusion) in Canton, MA! As a Project Manager, you will play a key role in managing multiple projects from pre-booking to customer acceptance, as well as supervising, directing and motivating the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. With focus on ensuring customer satisfaction during and at final project completion, you will help shape and influence the Greater Boston smart buildings of tomorrow!
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Analyze plans, construction contract specifications, and contracts to determine project requirements
- Manage the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team
- Coordinate and supervise subcontractors
- Utilize financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs
- Prepare or oversee preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors
- Participate in job site final walk thru and manages the completion of all close out documentation
- Oversee and direct daily activities of specialists and technicians
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field preferred, although candidates with a combination of directly related experience and education (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) will also be considered
- Strong knowledge of Security and CCTV/IP Video Systems
- Excellent contracting skills
- An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects
- Ability to resolve the scope of work and contractual issues and change orders on assigned projects
- The aptitude to understand and interpret contracts drawings and project specifications
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- A valid Driver’s license in good standing with limited violations, along with being at least 21 years of age, in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legal authorization for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer sponsorship to work in the United States
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
- Extra Employee Discounts
- Company Vehicle Plan
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.