We make real what matters
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects buildings and cities to make them smarter and more energy efficient. We help our customers to thrive, communities to progress and support sustainable development to protect our planet for the next generation. Working with our global customers and partners, we help to create intelligent solutions and perfect places in the full range of buildings where we live, work and relax.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Switzerland. Region Europe, as part of Siemens Smart Infrastructure and being located in Zurich, is responsible for the Solution and Service Portfolio for the assigned European countries. We are a community with 7’400 colleagues working all over Europe.
Our Finance & Controlling team in the Zurich office is now looking for a dynamic colleague supporting us in mastering our strategic goals as well as the day-to-day financial tasks. You are a tech-aware professional with a deep understanding of financial processes and knowledge of how technology helps to reach the business goals. Conceptual skills and analytics (statistics) know-how, willingness to learn and a can-do attitude will be a strong advantage. You will be part of an engaged team who will be happy to introduce you in our environment!
Your new responsibilities
- Manage our financial reporting and forecasting processes on Region Europe level
- Ensure data quality to secure a consistent data and tool landscape across the European countries
- Drive a unified approach of the profit & cost center structure to reach standardization within Europe
- Deliver ad-hoc management support
Digital Program Manager (60-70%):
- Be the Product Manager of the DataMart Initiative to ensure continuous development of our digital tools and reporting landscape and drive the roll-out within the European countries
- Provide project management for the prioritized applications and be the trusted advisor for our colleagues in the countries
- Manage the requirements from the countries and align with colleagues from our solutions and services portfolio, IT and other units to optimize our processes and tools
- Contribute to planning sessions (PI), following the agile methodology
- Inform Region Europe’s management and other business stakeholders on project status and improvements
- Align with other DataMart teams to ensure smooth system interfaces and best practice exchange
- Coordinate initiatives with the Digital Office in Smart Infrastructure Headquarters
- Drive and monitor data standardization and data governance activities, maintaining a business-driven perspective to ensure data quality and concise landscape architecture
Your skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree related to the Finance Field (or equivalent), Master’s Degree would be a plus
- At least 5 years of professional experience, having worked in the controlling field would be beneficial
- In-depth understanding of financial processes, statistics and analytics know-how
- Practical experience in using digital tools in a day-to-day work, preferable Qlik Sense
- You are a refreshing and proactive personality with strong analytical skills and interest in learning new methods and tools to bring the business to a next level of success
- Experience in navigating in a complex matrix structure and working in an international environment with distributed teams is an advantage
- Ability to communicate the benefits of an initiative to senior management to get consensus
- Problem solving skills and quick understanding of complex topics is a prerequisite to master this role
- Flexible and self-motivated with a proactive attitude and the ability to work independently
- Fluency in business English. German and any other European language would be an asset
Who and where we are
Find out why Siemens is chosen every year as one of the most popular employers in Switzerland and get a first impression of a new working environment and the people who could be your new work colleagues.
Siemens takes your privacy very seriously and ensures a high standard of data protection. We are therefore only able to accept applications via our application platform. Answers to the most frequently asked questions and a contact form can be found at siemens.ch/contact-hr/en. We look forward to receiving your application.
Information for recruitment agencies: Siemens does not accept recruitment agency applications for this position. Thank you for your understanding.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Schweiz AG, Smart Infrastructure, Global Headquarters
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Either