Software Development Student Internship
Location: Cypress, California
Start Date: Summer 2020
# of Positions: 2
Hours: Full-time during the summer; Part-time during the school year;
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
As an intern in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects in this organization will build off of each other. Each successive internship in PES will expand on a new area of the software development lifecycle. You may work on business critical projects in quality assurance, business analytics, prototypes for new releases, automated tests, test results analysis, etc. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams to:
- Work on exciting project enhancements and features
- Solve challenging software problems faced by our end users
- Work on Tools for developer productivity improvement and process automation
- Contribute to algorithm design and implementation, performance improvements
- Assist with enhancing Product Testing modules
- Currently enrolled in a university pursuing an undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
- Graduating in Fall 2020 or later
- Minimum GPA of 3.3
- Good understanding and coursework in Web and AI/ML technologies
- Understanding of object oriented concepts
- Write clean, robust, and maintainable code
- Passion for design, engineering, and programming
- Dedicated to continuous improvement and learning new languages
- Strong communication skills
- Potential for full-time hire upon successful completion of the internship
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Either
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.