We are hiring an experienced Systems Specialist Supervisor to join our Building Automation Solutions Installation team in Canton, MA (Boston). As a Systems Specialist Supervisor, you will play a key role in leading our team of Installers and will be responsible for the installation of our building automation controls businesses throughout the Greater Boston area. You will help shape and influence the smart buildings of tomorrow!
At Siemens Smart Infrastructure, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Our Smart Buildings help to create efficient, safe, responsive and responsible environments – and so, we are creating perfect places. We’re looking to empower people who want to take on the challenges facing society and who want to make real what matters most. Think this is you? We invite you to join our team!
You will be given the opportunity to:
- Manage job activities of 6-12 direct reports, including all administrative tasks related to the hiring and managing of those employees.
- Supervise the activities and performance of system installation employees for installed work.
- Provide technical support, expertise, leadership, and accountability for installed projects for all business lines, automation and controls, fire, security and service projects.
- Provide direct employee mentorship and be responsible for employee development within their group. Promote, provide training for, and ensure implementation of division productivity tools.
- Actively coordinate startup activity schedules with the Project Managers and Operations Managers to ensure correct staffing and correct abilities are provided to meet individual project schedules and commitments.
- Participate in or facilitate representation for the Project Manager to Field Work Force Project Turnovers, and the Solutions to Service Project Turnovers.
- Plan and justify labor, staffing requirements, tools, and other appropriate investments for effective and timely execution of assigned work. Provide monthly project estimates and assists in monthly forecasting. Ensure proper job management and cost control by reviewing project financial statements with Project Managers and Operations Managers.
- Maintain and improve planned and executed margins for Solutions Projects.
- Develop labor schedules and loading to ensure contract and project compliance. Maintain timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, discrepancies, and changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding, and operations phases of each project.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth. Manage or advise on hiring, training, development, allocation. and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility. Provide the tools, training and environment required to achieve employee success.
- Conduct Prebid job walks and provides input on job estimates.
- Ensure all work follows NEC and all applicable codes and standards.
- Maintain timely communications and harmonious relationships between engineering, operations, and sales so that project details, engineering or equipment changes, plan discrepancies or changes can be coordinated to minimize cost and delay throughout the estimating, bidding and operations phases of each project.
- Build and maintain an effective operations organization committed to customer and employee satisfaction and profitable growth.
- Manage or advise on hiring, training, and development, allocation, and performance assessment of personnel within area of responsibility.
- Provide the tools, training, and environment required to achieve employee success.
- Provide Technical Input for Cost reviews during the bidding process.
- Provide Technical Labor estimates for Cost Reviews during the bidding process.
What you need to bring:
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED, although a Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience in Building Automation Controls, including 2+ years of experience leading a team or in leading project execution/project management role
- 2 years of Technical Training experience with building technologies HVAC or Mechanical systems preferred
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to read and understand design and construction documents
- PC applications skills including MS Word/Excel
- Ability to work in a variety of circumstances including climbing ladders, scaffolds, and high-lift equipment as well as working in ducts, crawl spaces, and above ceiling
- Ability to differentiate types/colors of wire, use hand-tools, and carry/move equipment/tools weighing up to 75 pounds unassisted
- A valid Driver’s license in good standing with limited violations, along with being at least 21 years of age, in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Legal authorization for employment in the United States without the need for current or future employer sponsorship to work in the United States
What you will receive:
- Ownership Culture and Career options!
- Medical/Prescription/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off/Holiday Pay/Paid Parental Leave
- Extra Employee Discounts
- Company Vehicle Plan
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.