Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer for our Pomona, CA manufacturing facility. Our facility has over one hundred employees that produce high-quality, make-to-order power distribution equipment for the western United States market. Our processes include material handling, metal fabrication, final assembly and test. The position is responsible for implementing controls and improving processes to eliminate defects and waste. Additionally, the position manages our overall ISO quality management system, including measurement and communication of performance both internally and to a central quality organization.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. The Pomona factory is focused on ensuring that zero harm is done to our employees and zero defects are created in our processes. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
- Analyzing engineering specifications and monitoring operational processes to develop and install quality control methods, practices and procedures.
- Recommend characteristics to be inspected and techniques to be followed
- Work on and install scrap reduction projects.
- Collecting and reporting quality performance metrics
- Participate in solving complex quality problems and use the following tools: corrective action procedures, APQP, PPAP, APQP, PFMEA, and SPC.
- Responsible for collaborating with a team of process quality auditors and managing daily non-conforming materials.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
1. BS/BA degree in related discipline, or advanced degree.
2. 2 plus years’ experience in a Quality Engineer in manufacturing environment.
3. Effective written and verbal communication skills.
4. Excellent ability to influence others without formal authority.
5. Skilled in complex manufacturing problem solving techniques.
6. Experience with ISO management systems.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
1. Certified Quality Engineer or Six Sigma Green Belt.
Experience with statistical analysis.
2. Experience with Visual Basic programming or other similar languages
3. Experience with an ERP system, preferably SAP.
4. Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start
- Extensive training along with career development
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.