SFS US is a financial service company with over $8.5B in assets, providing financing needs to both Siemens and non-Siemens customers. Our Finance products include equipment loans and leases as well as Corporate Lending in products such as Cash Flow, ABL & Project Finance in industries such as Energy, Healthcare/Medical and Industrial.
As part of SFS’ strategy, a business unit was created, Commercial Finance – Americas (CoF – Americas), focusing providing financing in the form of loans and leases to the healthcare, industrial equipment and machine tools business sectors and further improve strong existing Siemens Captive Healthcare Business.
As the Business Planner (“BP”), you will be part of a team that is responsible for the timely submission and accurate reporting of all Business Plans, Annual Budgets and Monthly Forecasts for the Commercial Finance (“CoF”) Business Unit (“BU”). Additionally, you will be responsible for supporting Siemens Financial Services, Inc.’s (“SFS” or the Legal Entity) Accounting group through the monthly close process and with projects as required.
Your support will include review of new business for completeness and correctness, review of all accruals including legal, bonus, commissions and operating accruals, participation in monthly closing meetings, reviewing account reconciliation, account mappings and projects. Finally, you will work with CoF Management to provide internal reporting on a scheduled basis and collaborate with all CoF employees to ensure, from a financial perspective, that all transactions are recorded in compliance with applicable guidelines including Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines (“FRG”). This will be accomplished by using tools such as: SAP, Cassiopae, Sie Smart, Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), Smart View, Analysis for Office, the Datalake and the Microsoft suite of products.
Areas of responsibility
· Business Planning and Forecasting for CoF – Americas including
o Timely and accurate submission of all planning and forecast data through the HFM tool
o You'll collaborate with CoF Planning teams, CoF Management, Cost Center owners, Business Planner for other SFS BUs to ensure accuracy of cross charged expense, Siemens Corporate Tax, Accounting and Controlling function in Headquarters.
· You will also partner with Internal SFS customers including, but not limited to, COF Management, Sales Leadership and Sales force, Operations teams, Asset Management, Accounting and others.
· Monthly close process – review preliminary SG&A results, review preliminary volume, analyze accruals (including commissions, legal and other expense) and participate in monthly close meetings.
· Provide timely variance analysis to BU CEO and CFO.
· Refine and maintain Business Planning models and processes to prepare annual Business Plans and current year forecasts against budget.
· Prepare and track quarterly commission statements.
· Prepare and Create Ad hoc reporting and analysis.
· Projects as assigned including financial model development and profitability models for different aspects of the business.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Education
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficient in data analytics, data visualization and tools such as Tableau
· Knowledge of the Leasing Industry specifically lease accounting, pricing, tax and asset management.
· Ability to communicate, both written and verbal, at technical and non-technical levels to Senior Management and peers
· Strong attention to detail
· Project management
· Ability to successfully multitask, demonstrating strong organizational skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of Cassiopae and SAP
· Experience with SQL and R are a plus
· Minimum of 5-7 years of Financial Planning and Analysis experience and Leasing Industry experience is preferred
· Knowledge of IFRS
· Degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA and/or MBA preferred or similar experience
Organization: Financial Services
Company: Siemens Financial Services, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.