The HSE Intern is responsible for supporting the department with creating training courses that support the strategic goals of the organization. In addition the Intern will be involved in the review of Proactive and Reactive HSE incidents and work with other team members to correct or improve conditions contributing to the event. Also, the Intern will be involved in the review of Risk Assessments pertaining to our operations. The internship involves using communication, computer, creative thinking and analytical skills to get things done effectively. Internship includes mentorship, soft and technical skills training, and networking to learn more about the SGRE organization and wind industry.
· Create online HSE training courses to support activities in our field, office and factory operations
· Work in the Sphera system to analyze HSE events and incidents
· Review HSE incidents with other team members and work to determine root cause and potential containment and corrective actions
· Risk assessment review for new products and tasks for our field operations
· Other responsibilities and projects assigned by manager
Required skills, experience, and education:
· Pursing Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Health Sciences, Occupational Safety and Health, Public Health and Safety Management, or applicable field
· Rising sophomore or junior, or rising first year grad student
· 3.0+ overall GPA
· Advanced computer skills with MS Office (word, excel, power point)
· Solid communication skills both verbal and written
· Demonstrate innovation and forward-thinking aptitude through previous school projects, employment, or extracurricular activities
· Experience with presenting in front of small and large groups
· Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
· Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred skills, experience, and education:
· Experience in training, root cause analysis, Environmental Health & Safety, Sphera
Organization: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
Company: Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.