Service Technician - Building Automation Service Specialist - Oneonta, NY
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201010
Primary Location: United States-New York-Syracuse
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens Building Technologies is currently searching for a Building Automation Service Specialist to support our growing business in the Oneonta, NY area. The Service Specialist is responsible for performing Technical Support Program assignments to ensure proper operation and maintenance of installed HVAC Controls and Building Automation Systems.
• Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
• Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components.
• Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
• Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on automation system and components according to Service Agreement contracts.
• Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
• Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion.
• Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
• Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on automation systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
• Performs system checkout and assists in automation systems startups for service installed jobs.
• Associates Degree in Electronics (or directly related degree) preferred, however, candidates with a combination of education (a High School Diploma or GED equivalency a minimum requirement) and directly related experience will also be considered.
• 1-3 years’ experience in the HVAC, Electronics, Electrical or IT fields is desired.
• Must reside within a 30-45 mile radius of Oneonta, NY.
• Knowledge of Building Automation Systems preferred.
• Good oral and written communication skills are required.
• Good computer skills are required.
• Must be willing and available to participate in the on-call rotation.
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license in good standing in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.