The Sr. Financial Analyst will report directly to the Plant Controller and will support the local manufacturing operations. The analyst will also communicate and respond to any inter-departmental requests, such as the Corporate Team, Fixed Asset Team, Internal Audit Team, etc. This role will have a direct impact on the financial performance and the reporting function for the plant. Additionally, this role will provide guidance and support for future cost savings initiatives.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience. We trust and empower our employees to act as owners, make decisions and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you!
• Provides expert analysis and evaluations on financial, accounting, cost and trend reports in order to improve the results of the organization.
• Performs and supports inventory management (including inventory reserve preparation) and cycle count process and will be finance point person for Logistics Manager.
• Provides financial reporting and variance analysis to both local and divisional management teams.
• Handles Ad hoc reporting for Controller, Plant Manager, and Continues Improvement Teams (CIP), and other local management teams.
• Acts as an advisor that troubleshoots and resolves complex problems within multi-departments and/or cross-functional areas.
• Supports forecasting and budgeting process
• Supports Month-end & ongoing reporting including: PUMA/Productivity, P&L, Balance Sheet, Capital Spending (CAPEX), Inventory, Reserves, Warranty, and Journal Entries.
• Perform costing activities for new products, BOM revisions, and quoting for Product Management Team.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in either Finance or Accounting
• In-depth understanding of Cost Accounting and Bill of Material setup.
• Experience in inventory controls and management.
• Experience in Variance Analysis and Financial Reporting
• Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (e.g. V-lookups, Pivot tables etc.)
• Basic understanding of Microsoft products (Outlook, Live meeting, Word, and PowerPoint)
• High degree of accuracy and very detail oriented.
• In-depth understanding of Accounting/Finance concepts.
• Solid understanding of SAP or similar ERP system preferred
• Highly self-motivated individual who requires and prefers little guidance from manager.
• Excellent communications skills, including the ability to provide data in a concise and appropriate manner
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 3-5yrs experience in cost accounting analysis
• 3-5yrs experience in variance analysis and inventory controls
• SAP experience-Intermediate level
• Intermediate Leadership skills
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with the opportunity to make top dollar. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens, they rarely leave, as shown with our low turnover.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.