Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for a Sales Team Lead to manage and direct a team (4) of sales professionals who sell solutions tailored to meet our customers’ requirements. Primary customers will be Construction Managers, General Contractors and Mechanical Contractors
Are you up for the challenge?
- Developing direct reports to achieve commitment to Siemens philosophy and customer happiness, as well as to overdrive quota, achieve sales forecast and provide input to budget
- In addition to sales leadership responsibilities this is a working sales role which will directly interact and sell Siemens solutions and services to the customer, and will have their own individual quota responsible for
- Effectively performs needs assessments, develops sales proposals, estimates, specifications and presentations. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
- Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures a smooth sales to operations turnover and monitors progress. Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer happiness issues as needed.
- Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
- Prepares accurate and detailed sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
- Managing employee performance and provide mentoring to develop skills, including presenting goals
- Reviewing proposals and estimates to ensure accuracy, company standards and professional quality to meet customer and company objectives
- Assisting employees in determining market price, identifying resources and assessing future potential business
- Providing input for standard methodology work and encourage employees to incorporate new ideas into projects
- Actively participating in senior-level selling to large/key accounts. Maintain ongoing contacts with large/key accounts, considering these customers’ needs relative to new product development
- Maintaining trade contacts and engage in industry association functions in accordance with company policy
- Executing and refine strategy to establish relationship with the engineering community to increase Siemens specification rate
Required Skills & Education
- Required education: High school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam required
- Required experience: Five years of sales experience in building automation or a related field
- Required travel: 15%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field highly preferred, although candidate with a combination of education (High School Diploma or GED required) and directly related experience will be considered
- 8+ years of sales experience, including 2+ years of sales management and P&L responsibility within a similar building automation industry
- Local market and industry knowledge
- Experience with building automation systems, electrical systems, construction in the life sciences, healthcare, higher education and commercial office vertical markets, along with fast paced working environments
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.