Specifically looking for a candidate(s) with experience in photovoltaic (PV) inverter systems. This position will primarily support the San Antonio and West Texas region in the United States performing commissioning activities, troubleshooting electrical issues, providing service and maintenance for new, current and aftermarket sites, installing firmware updates and understanding monitoring solutions. This position may be called on to support new unit installations and commissioning activities throughout Siemens.
- Performing service, maintenance and warranty for new and installed PV installations.
- Diagnosing technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Providing technical and after-sales support to customers, including assistance during installation, commissioning and start-up, firmware upgrades, set-up of monitoring solutions (own and third party’s).
- Extensive customer interaction understanding customer complaints, product failures, root-cause analysis, site data collection and prompt feed-back.
- Performing Preventative Maintenance for Equipment when and where applicable
- Assisting with development of and compliance with Field Service safety processes and procedures
- Producing timely and detailed service reports
- Operating vehicle in a safely manner with following company policy
- Following all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Building positive relationships with customers
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- 3 plus years related work experience required.
- Strong mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities
- Ability to analyze and solve problems effectively
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Solid understanding of ISO 9001 requirements as relates to field service
- Customer service oriented with a professional demeanor
- Active Listening
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Very good conflict negotiation skills
- Social perceptiveness
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy are required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Attention to detail and high-level of accuracy
- Experience and hands-on knowledge of best practices in the solar PV inverter
- Basic knowledge of power systems, power electronics and controls
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field preferred
- Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
- German, Spanish and/or Korean language skills are a plus
- Ability to travel both domestic and international as needed up to 90% of the time
- Journeyman Electrician license
Valid US driver’s license and an acceptable driving record is required
The work environment is constrained to a field service environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required use the hands to manipulate objects, talk, hear, type, look, and see. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, twist and turn. The employee is occasionally required to carry, push, pull, and reach above the shoulder, stoop, bend, and squat. The employee must routinely lift-up to 50 pounds. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is exposed to electrical hazards, and exposure to weather of extreme temperatures. Employees must adhere to jobsite/safety requirements for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.