Siemens Digital Industries Software
Student Program (SSP)
Discover your career with us at Siemens Digital Industries Software!
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.
We’re currently recruiting interns for our summer 2020 Strategic Student Program in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our intern positions will allow you to find a career path that most inspires you. Here, you will apply your education to solve real-world problems, and turn theory into practice. At Siemens, our goal is to empower our students to become the next leaders of our company.
We have positions
available in software development, user experience, data management, cloud
applications, and research & design innovation.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship by the company
- Able to work from our office in Charlotte, North Carolina without relocation assistance
- Preferred sophomore or junior status
- Paid volunteer time off
- Employee discounts at our top customer sites
- Networking with our global leaders
- Mentorship from senior engineers
- Individual career development planning
- Professional and technical workshops
- Energetic student community
- Leadership opportunities
- Potential for full time offers after university graduation and completion of the program
As part of our MindSphere IoT Platform development group, you will accelerate development of platform as service. MindSphere is the open, cloud-based IoT operating system from Siemens that lets you connect your machines and physical infrastructure to the digital world. It lets you harness big data from billions of intelligent devices, enabling you to uncover transformational insights across your entire business. In this group you will help define new approaches and create fresh functionality. Your responsibility will be to engage in one of our innovative teams by:
· Designing and developing micro service for MindSphere platform
· Creating tools, utilities and script development for automation
· Diving into requirements definition, in-depth analysis, and code implementation
· Working in the Agile development methodology
Validating software quality through unit testing, writing
automated tests, and bug fixing
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related Engineering field with prior coding experience
- Strong coding skills in JAVA
- Previous cloud environment experience, including AWS or Azure, strongly preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Problem solving skills with algorithm and data structure
- Commanding grasp of JSON, YAML
- Have experience with, or able to learn Spring Framework, RESTful Web Service, jUnit/Mockito
- Understanding of Windows/Unix Operating Systems
- Write clean, robust and maintainable code
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Desire to continuously improve and learn about new areas
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Inspires collaboration
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Product Lifecycle Management Software Inc.
Experience Level: Student (Not Yet Graduated)
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.