Reporting to the Security Service Supervisor, this position performs service agreement tasks and scheduled assignments to ensure that CCTV and Access Control systems is properly maintained and operating correctly. Performs system installation, checkout and assists in CCTV and Access Control systems startups for service installed jobs.
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, self-direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have more than 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard.
Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies that make the world a better place? Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this opportunity? If so, then we’d like to meet you!
- Handles emergency service calls as directed during the day and after hours.
- Responds to customer service calls (emergency, on-site, or on-line), checks indicated points of trouble, analyzes full requirements of system involved and checks and tests systems components. Diagnoses trouble or defect, determines corrective action and repairs system.
- Performs preventative maintenance and diagnostics on CCTV and Access Control systems and components according to service agreement contracts.
- Tests and verifies system readings ensuring an optimal system operation.
- Identifies additional chargeable opportunities including time & material work, system upgrades and service contact expansion. Prices, proposes and proceeds with new work as per issued guidelines.
- Completes service repairs, replacements, upgrades, adjustments and calibration on CCTV and Access Control systems and components following issued tasking, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation instructions.
- Performs system installation, checkout and assists in CCTV and Access Control systems startups for service installed jobs. May coordinate electrical installation with electrical contractor at job site as required.
- Completes and submits written service orders and reports covering all aspects of each assignment and activity.
- Completes and submits time sheets and other necessary information weekly.
- If improper operation is due to another system or component, discusses problem with customer and/or office and advises of the best course of action.
- Works with other branch, company or external service providers or vendors to arrange servicing and to resolve problem
- Participates in job site final walk and / or final completion for systems to service turnover on assigned jobs
- Conducts training and development classes for customers on site or at the branch.
- Delivers technical support, coaching and direction to end users and field labor when applicable
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Required Education: High school diploma required.
- Required Experience: 2+ years experience installing or servicing CCTV and Access Control systems.
- Required Travel: 5%
- Other Requirements:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word and Excel. Excellent verbal and written communication and customer relation skills.
- Must be able to climb ladders and work on lifts.
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
- Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
- Associate's degree in Electronics or other related field
- Skilled in programming, job start-up and checkout, and troubleshooting preferred.
- Ccure, Milestone, Genetec certifications.
- Siemens is a globally diversified engineering powerhouse: an opportunity such as this one can open doors to engineering practices and businesses new to you, preparing you for a great future with potential in so many types of fields—sustainability, energy, medical technologies, to name a few—in almost any location you ever dreamed of exploring.
- Competitive compensation.
- Excellent health, dental, and vision plans with many options from which to choose.
- All employees receive Life Insurance, Short and Long-Term Disability coverage.
- 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
- Education and tuition reimbursement programs available.
- Extensive product training and professional career development.
Siemens Smart Infrastructure (SI) is shaping the market for intelligent, adaptive infrastructure for today and the future. It addresses the pressing challenges of urbanization and climate change by connecting energy systems, buildings and industries. SI provides customers with a comprehensive end-to-end portfolio from a single source – with products, systems, solutions and services from the point of power generation all the way to consumption. With an increasingly digitalized ecosystem, it helps customers thrive and communities progress while contributing toward protecting the planet. SI creates environments that care. Siemens Smart Infrastructure has its global headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, and has around 71,000 employees worldwide.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.