Siemens provides answers to the toughest questions: We build infrastructure where there is no infrastructure. We energize the world, help industries run smoothly and create the digital tomorrow.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Develop what's important tomorrow.
The world never stands still. And every day new challenges are added. We see it as an opportunity to face them. For example, by asking: How can people's lives be improved? In Tokyo as well as in Tallinn, Marrakech or Miami. Help us find the right answers. We want to make the transformation in digitalization, urbanization, globalization, climate change and demography active and successful in society and business, providing I&C controls and digital solution for the Power Generation Sector (e.g. T3000 migration and modernization, performance management, remote monitoring and diagnostics, etc.). As Quality Manager with the specific tasks for product safety and functional safety, we want to make sure that we always deliver safe products and solutions to our customers. Welcome in our world.
Change the world of tomorrow with us: Your responsibilities
1. Product safety is the ability of a product to be safe for intended use, as determined when evaluated against a set of established rules. The Quality Manager for Product Safety (Product Safety Officer) is helping to define, develop and set priorities for the elimination and/or prevention of defects related to product safety during the product development phase and implementation into solutions for the whole life cycle.
- To ensure that all necessary regulations regarding product safety are defined and implemented in his/her area of responsibility and reporting on current incidents to the CEO.
- Consulting of development, engineering, etc. in product safety issues.
- Monitoring compliance with implementation guidelines / procedural instructions.
- Conducting internal audits for verifying the application and effectiveness of product safety regulations and make recommendations for improvement.
- Providing regular product safety trainings which include the aspects of product safety.
2. Functional Safety Management defines all activities required during the Functional Safety Lifecycle phases of a product / process, which is necessary in achieving the required level of Functional Safety. The Quality Manager for Functional Safety is supporting development and engineering / field service in following quality aspects:
- Definition and support of functional safety strategies and processes.
- Support functional safety managers in safety releases of products and solutions as well as in development of external commercialization models / customer consultation.
- Creation and maintenance of necessary process documents.
- Support of safety analyses.
- Implementation and organization of functional safety trainings.
What makes you stand out?
- Academic qualification with bachelor / master’s degree Universe degree (BA, MBA, MSC or equivalent).
- Business Language English (German appreciated).
- Openness, creativity and enthusiasm for culture and change.
- Qualification as auditor for quality audits and assessments
- Knowledge in process management, continuous improvement process, quality methods, technical standards and regulations.
- Methodology know-how and qualifications, e.g., Lean toolbox, Agile appreciated.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in managing cross-functional and cross-regional quality improvements / changes.
- Teamworking, networking skills, analytical skills in problem solving, collaboration globally with intercultural experience.
In addition to providing a competitive benefit package and a modern, international work environment, we are respectful inclusive and diverse. We worship performance, celebrate individual contributions and different ways of thinking.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Zrt.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time