- Responsible for ensuring that general accounting processes and implementations are in adherence to Siemens policies and IFRS/local GAAP for Egypt including IFRS-15 updates.
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited for bookkeeping, reconcile and report key Balance Sheet position, e.g. AR/AP, GR/IR, GIT, Advances to Suppliers, Suppliers’ Retention, Advances from Customer and Customers’ Retention.
- Ensure transactions are recorded in conformance with IFRS/ local laws and taxes, and adequate internal controls are in place and in line with Siemens International Chart of Accounts.
- Reviewing and booking month-end adjustment entries (e.g. accruals/Provisions & building/release entries for related activities).
- Participate in month end closing procedures including coordination with shared services in India & Singapore with Lead Country.
- Participate and support in preparation of needed deliverable as per internal / external audit requirements, as well as respond to raised queries and support in coordination between divisions external audit teams.
- Participation in controlling over customers’ financial records including but not limited to customer monthly ageing report, DSO, debtor’s valuation allowances (calculation & processing) & country credit risk rating allowance.
What do I need to qualify for this job?
- BA degree of commerce or equivalent from reputable university
- 6-8 years of Accounting experience.
- Former big 4 audit firms background will be recommended.
- Percentage of completion accounting method background will be highly required.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Solid SAP experience is a must.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills as well as English fluency.
- Presentation, analytical thinking, communication & accountability skills.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment independently and within the team with high level of accuracy.
Organization: Controlling and Finance
Company: Siemens Technologies S.A.E.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time