How can you help us shape the future?
We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our manufacturing team as a Welder on 2nd shift where you will operate equipment and weld repair valves for steam turbines. You will work as part of a team to ensure that all projects are completed safely, correctly and meet customer expectations. You will be expected to follow and promote all safety and quality directives in support of Siemens commitment to be the “Industry’s Premier Service Provider”.
What are your responsibilities?
- Ability to perform set-up and operate a variety of welding machines and heat treat equipment.
- Perform SMAW, GTAW, and PTAW type welding on variety of sized components.
- Understand weld symbols identified on blueprints and use various measuring instruments to verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by blueprints, specifications or procedures.
- Record welding log and maintain welding records.
- Interpret and execute Preheat and PWHT procedures and instructions.
- Use various measuring instruments to verify conformance of work pieces to specifications required by blueprints, specifications or procedures.
- Maintain all welding department associated equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
- Operation of overhead cranes, forklift and other shop equipment.
- Assist all product lines in disassembly, clean, inspection, repair and assembly on various Siemens Rotating Equipment
- Interact with other production employees, engineering, and management in the execution of day to day job tasks.
- Promote and execute compliance with all safety and quality policies, specifications, regulations, and instructions.
- Perform all general shop tasks assigned by supervisor or any other duties assigned by management.
- This position is performed in a shop environment. The weld shop area is subject to extreme dust, noise, and temperature. Proper PPE is always to be worn.
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Three (3) year experience as a qualified/certified welder of rotating equipment and associated components.
- SMAW, GTAW weld certifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Previous experience with the operation of overhead cranes and forklifts.
- Possess the ability to clearly, professionally, and effectively communicate with supervisors and coworkers
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power
(GP) is a global pacesetter
in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries
and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value
chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent
power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas
industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction,
processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in
central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids.
With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees
in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and
is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has
been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.