Manages the installation and commissioning of fire alarm and security systems in commercial applications including card access and CCTV systems.
- Full Financial responsibility for projects
ranging from $5k - $500k.
- Development and implementation of project plans
- Manages and schedules internal resources; engineers, technicians, and installers.
- Manages subcontractors.
- Routine project/program management activities (defining scheduling, budget, risk, change, opportunity and resource management activities).
- Technical review of system design and documentation.
- Responsible for the customer relationship on assigned projects.
- Quality Control
- Manages small to mid-size jobs from pre-booking to customer acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project completion.
- Participates in pre-bid reviews and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
- Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project Team. Monitors progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution plan.
- Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
- Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other services.
- Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all project records.
- Assists Engineers and Specialists on the assigned project, with any of the above listed responsibilities to ensure smooth project execution with their fast paced, field focused work load.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Associates degree or equivalent experience with an emphasis in a technical field.
- Strong knowledge of industry fundamentals; fire alarm, card access, CCTV, and related systems
- NICET II certification or higher
- Excellent contracting skills; An understanding of job financial reports and the ability to apply these in managing assigned projects.
- 1-3 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
- Strong leadership, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer skills; Micorsoft Word,
Excel, Outlook required
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
-Associates or BS/BA degree in related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.