As a Proposal Manager you will be leading the charge in providing the following innovative solutions to the Transmission Market:
Your Responsibilites include:
• High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC)
• Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
• Grid Access Solutions
• High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions
You will support proposal activity for Transmission Solutions and
report directly to Director Business Development and Marketing. The role
will require close coordination and teamwork with Business Development and
Application Engineering resources during the acquisition phase of assigned
The top candidate will perform by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
• Develop sales proposals for Transmission Solution projects to determine proposal feasibility and ensure competitiveness in the EPC market.
• Develop, edits and writes original proposal responses and other sales-related documents.
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of assigned industry structure, applications, terminology, trends, and issues.
• Discover and understand customer’s primary business goals, operations, challenges and requirements.
• Align and apply entire scope of Siemens products, solutions and services to meet the customer’s business goals.
• Validate and endorse the technical aspects of the solution offered in the bid.
• Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Understand the Transmission Utility market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience
• 5 years of successful business development or sales experience in a related field
• Experience with Transmission Utilities, or Medium Voltage products
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
• Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
• Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
• Ability to travel up to 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering
• Experience with Transmission Utilities
• Knowledge of customers and competitors
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.