Who are we?
Siemens’ technology brings power and water to Qatar’s cities, pioneers digital infrastructure and industry and develops local talent through education and knowledge transfer. With a leading role in electrification, automation and digitalization, Siemens is building on more than 40 years in the region with innovative technology that supports sustainable economic growth and enhances the lives of citizens.
Siemens Gas & Power - Service & Digital Business Unit delivers the right service solutions for gas turbines, steam turbines, generators or compressors to increase efficiency, reliability and availability throughout their entire lifecycle. From modernizations and upgrades, remote monitoring, lifetime extensions, digital and condition monitoring to LTSAs for complete plants, we partner with you to achieve optimal performance and maximize success.
This position offers the chance to join a dynamic and growing Siemens business where you will be based in Qatar as part of the Local Field Service team which also serves the global needs of Siemens, offering the opportunity to develop existing competencies and learn new skills through various forms of training. Qatar is a cosmopolitan location offering excellent lifestyle opportunities.
The specific position is for a Turbo Compressor mechanical Field Service Engineer. Knowledge of steam turbines and Small gas Turbines is a big advantage.
- Performs the mechanical activity and carries out Engineering modifications (hardware) to ensure the Customer plant performs to specification. Performs the review of complex plans, drawings and schematics and provides continual guidance throughout the task duration.
- Collaborates with the Site Manager and Project Engineer (where applicable) ensure the Company’s commercial position is safeguarded during mechanical activity. Represent the Company during formal Customer briefing / de-briefing meetings to update the Customer on Mechanical progress, again safeguarding the interests of the Company.
- Attend formal debrief meetings to ensure details of problems encountered and design changes carried out are fed back to engineering and production departments.
- Perform specialist troubleshooting activities worldwide.
- Performs the mechanical activities for complex projects, agreeing the specialist procedures with the Engineering Department and briefing/preparation on the Company’s contractual obligations.
- Performs complex site surveys to provide detailed reports to form the basis of design plans for Modification and Upgrades.
- Provide onsite training to less experienced Field Service Engineers. Update knowledge on new products and vendor equipment and assist in developing commissioning procedures. Also guides the training of Customer Operators in the maintenance of complex equipment.
- Provides professional Site Visit Reports for submission to the Customer
Shared tasks and responsibilities
- Typically, 8-10 years of successful experience in related field - gas turbines/rotating equipment
- Successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above
- Experience within the Oil and Gas Market
- Typically BSc/BEng in related discipline or advanced degree. Certification may be required in some areas. Equivalent field experience would be considered
- Comprehensive product knowledge and experience with Siemens and Dresser Rand centrifugal process compressors, dry gas seals and associated systems is essential.
- Knowledge of Siemens Steam Turbine and SGT-100 / 200 / 700 and TB gas turbines would be a distinct advantage.
- Expected to be willing to develop competency with other Siemens rotating equipment ranging from Gas Turbines, Compressors, Gearboxes & Steam turbines.
Siemens places great value on equal employment opportunities. We look forward to receiving applications from differently abled people and thus support the initiative.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens W.L.L.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time