The Regional Technical Support Manager (TSM) provides leadership for the regional technical support team across country boundary and is responsible for the operation of the fleet installed in the region. He/She will lead a team of engineers to provide resolution of technical issues, either directly to the customer, and/or to internal team members such as sales, project and field service. In addition, the TSM is expected to provide the link between PCC and the region in terms of resolution of complex issues, and to continue to mentor and build the technical team across product line in the region. He/She will capture and build technical metrics for the fleet using the tools Siemens roll out and ensure his team continue to support using of the approved tools in the region. It is expected that he/she who applied for this position to be technically competent and familiar with gas turbine, turbo-compressor and steam turbine operation, with either at least 8 years of site operation or engineering experience.
1.Manage the day-to-day operation of the technical support team in Singapore.
2.Review customer (internal and external) request for technical assistance and ensureinformation provided is correct and accurate
3.Ensure proper escalation of product issue to PCC and continue to work towardsresolution of the issue
4. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise. Provide consultation and technical direction to the engineering community on near term and longer-range projects with substantial business impact.
5. Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty for new products introduction activity, performance improvements, cost reductions and problem resolutions
6. Support other Siemens businesses, suppliers, and internal/external customers.
7. Provide engineering support, within one’s specialty, to teams working on performance, cost reduction and quality initiatives
8. Leverage expertise to resolve problems in the field
9. Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers
10. Develop and implement training modules for the technical team as necessary
11. Work with the field service team to ensure tools and parts are available to perform the task
12. Communicate with customers on the deliverables when issue arises
13. Ensure all technical issues are being followed-up, resolved and reported according to the normal process
14. Review task executed by field service engineer after completion (via FSRW) and provide improvement required, if necessary
15. Organize meeting with customer as and when required
16. Make proper recommendation to ensure Siemens’ equipment is being operated and maintained in accordance to R-R guidance
17. On infrequent basis, the Technical Support Manager will be assigned to customer site to perform troubleshooting and field rectification, therefore it is expected that the incumbent to be familiar and well versed in Siemens product.
What do I need to Qualify for the job?
• Bachelor or Master in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry
• At least 8 years of field or engineering experience
• At least 5 additional years of experience in technical, engineering or operations leadership position (ie. engineering team leader, fleet support team leader)
• Knowledge and experience of Turbo Machinery rotordynamics, thermodynamics and related troubleshooting
• Field experience on Turbo machinery troubleshooting (gas turbines, steam turbines and/or centrifugal compressors)
• Design and Field experience of Turbo Machinery auxiliary systems
• Knowledge and field experience of Turbo Machinery control systems
• Knowledge of Reliability Engineering theory and practical applications
• Knowledge of oil and gas industry processes knowledge and understanding of process impacts on turbo-machinery operations would be an added advantage
• Demonstrated experience on complex Root Cause Analysis (RCA) applied to Turbo Machinery and its auxiliaries
• Demonstrated ability to build teams, lead in challenging environment and deliver on commitments
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens Energy Pte Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time