Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens
Our Siemens Subsea site based in Ulverston has a new opening for a Storesperson to join the team. Your new role as Storesperson will be to ensure that the production cells have their orders within the date specified by the planning department, to ensure we meet the requirements for internal/ external customers.
Our site in Ulverston is situated in a small market town located in South Cumbria on the edge of the beautiful Lake District National Park, ideal for people with a love of outdoor pursuits, with excellent road and rail links to the rest of the UK. To see what we do in more detail, please click on this link https://www.youtube.co/watch?v=UvwZYJZAm2A.
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in that we have a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have a supportive environment which invests in our employees’ development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
What part will you play?
- Performs a variety of supportive tasks related to production
- Sorting, handling and moving of material, parts, semi-products or components within production.
- Operating basic hand tools such as saws, shovels, rakes, etc.
- Supporting machine operators in stocking or reloading the machines.
- Other generic support activities in specific production operations.
- To ensure the timely kitting of all production orders/Sales orders to production cells
- Ensure all stock records are maintained in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Control the movement of stock & materials to different areas of the business internal & external.
- Check the completed activity to ensure that all operations have been finished to meet the required specification
- To complete the process of Positive Material Identification checking in accordance to the Stores process.
- To follow the booking in process in a timely manner in accordance to the work instruction.
- To assist within the Despatch department when requested on an adhoc basis.
We don’t need superheroes just super minds.
- Ability to use Excel and Microsoft word
- Previous experience gained within a similar role
- Ability to demonstrate Quality Awareness
- Warehouse NVQ Level 2 or 3 would be beneficial
- Manual Handling experience
- SAP experience
- LEAN awareness
- Understanding of Root Cause Analysis
- FLT licence
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses - is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spin off). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business https://new.siemens.com/global/en/company/about/businesses/gas-power.html
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and other additional benefits. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time