Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re looking for people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Infrastructure Digital Grid division as our Chief Cloud Architect and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
As you Chief Architect, you will be responsible for creating and owing the technical road map that underpins the R&D Cloud operations!
The role is based on our awesome Nottingham office, which has a great canteen, wellbeing and close to the city center!
It’s incredibly important that our people enjoy working here and therefore we take great pride in having a friendly, helpful and engaging culture. We also appreciate that development and training is important to many and that’s why we have an encouraging environment which invests in our employee’s development, whether that’s Chartership, training or mentoring.
Feel free to click on this link to see what it’s like to work here; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vmmNjaEr04
This is your role. What part will you play?
- As the Chief Architect, you will define standard methodology and business perfection for the delivery technical streams capabilities.
- You will lead, mentor and develop delivery technical streams in line with departmental capability planning.
- Understand the future technical direction of Cloud Operations delivery and adapt the development technical streams to compliment road map.
- Ensure technical delivery across all aspects of the project lifecycle and ensure that solutions have adequate technical support moving forward
- Support pre-sales technical activities and engagement with customers – you will be customer obsessed!
- Appreciates how the role contributes to key business results
We are not looking for superheroes, just super minds
- You will have experience in building, maintaining and delivering the Technology Roadmap, whilst building and maintaining the departmental technical development capabilities
- Experienced IT Architect, with development and delivery specialism in Cloud technologies (AWS and Azure)
- Technical Leadership experience, with line management and coach/development of a team (indirectly)
- Sector experience - has worked in the Energy and/or Utilities sector with knowledge of UK energy industry, Smart Metering, Smart Grid, Asset Management, Field Services, Resource Planning
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
Smart infrastructure enables the way we want to live – happily, comfortably, sustainably and in harmony. We do this from physical products, components and systems to connected, cloud-based digital offerings and service. From intelligent grid control and electrification to smart storage solutions, from building automation and control systems to switches, valves, and sensors.
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit phenomenal minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/siemens the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We encourage the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time