Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our R&D team as a Software Engineering Manager and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries!
The Building Products Division within Siemens Smart Infrastructure is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead the controller / edge device apps team. This is an exciting opportunity and time to be part of Smart Infrastructure division of Siemens that is driving transformation in building automation market segment. Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of software development processes and solid experience with current applications systems. If you’re passionate about leading and developing a team of talented, meticulous software development professionals, we’d like to hear from you.
• Manage team performance, development and building a strong high performing team culture.
• Manage project deliveries, work with team hands on to mitigate risks, address any issues and challenge to drive quality product delivery.
• Experience with release Level Program Tracking - across teams & deliverables, risks, dependency management
• Strong technical knowledge in software architecture and hands on software development experience.
• Experience in managing Agile teams with scrum master responsibilities. SAFe Agile experience is a plus.
• Experience with software life cycle management and process.
• Ability to work collaboratively with global multi-disciplined teams (e.g. business, marketing, finance).
• Collaborate with local and global partners and peers to create transparency and generate customer value.
• Responsible for executing functional department strategy in collaboration with leads from other teams to support realization of business strategy.
• Strong communication skills.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Minimum of BS/BA in Computer Science or Engineering or related field of study.
• 2+ years of managing software development team (7+ engineers).
• Travel ~ 10%
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with IoT, building automation and HVAC systems is a plus.
• Experience working with customers is a plus.
• Experience with managing delivery of 3rd party software. • Experience with managing budget, budget planning and tracking.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.