Offshore & Marine Center (OMC) is Siemens’ technology center for power systems for the marine and offshore markets. We are pioneers in the field of low-emission solutions with our in-house developed and produced battery solutions for marine vessels such as passenger ferries, cruise ships, fishing boats and offshore vessels. The innovation process continues, and we are searching skilled and enthusiastic people to join us on our path to create tomorrow’s solutions for our clients, society and the environment.
Are you a software engineer with a desire to contribute to electrifying the offshore and marine sectors?
We are searching for a Domain Expert in Digitalization to join OMC’s Technology Department in either Trondheim or Bergen.
Domain Expert in Digitalization
- Coordination of the development activities related to our digitalization solutions for offshore and marine vessels.
- Contribution to the development and fulfilment of OMC’s digitalization strategy.
- Coordination of activities in the entire value chain of digitalization, involving data acquisition, server database and cloud-based data storage, network architecture, frontend software and user applications.
- Master’s degree in computer science or similar. Other relevant backgrounds may be considered.
- Experience with project coordination
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL and/or time series databases
- Understanding of system architecture
- Preferably experience with cyber security
- Experience with Siemens’ Offshore and Marine portfolio will be considered an advantage.
- You take initiative and drive your technological field forwards.
- You have good organization and planning skills.
- You excel at finding new solutions.
- You cooperate well with others, also people from other disciplines.
The working languages are Norwegian and English.
We offer excellent development opportunities in Siemens, both domestically and abroad. You will have the opportunity to work with varied tasks and to influence your own everyday work. Siemens offer flexible working conditions and a competitive benefit package. The most important reason yet to join Offshore & Marine Center is the possibility to be part of an inspiring community creating innovative solutions which shape the future of maritime transport.
We perform a background check as part of our recruitment process.
Contact person: Group Manager for Control Systems, Kjersti Herberg, mob. 41609850
Deadline for application: 08 March 2020
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Siemens AS
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time