Siemens is in search of a sales professional with experience in selling Low Voltage Motors and related services direct or through channel to End Users, EPC’s and OEMS. This position will be reporting to the National Sales Manager and located in South Region
The selected candidate will manage strategic relationships with key rotating equipment OEMs, Channel Partners and End Users. This includes creating and executing an account development plan, working with and expanding business with the existing customer and assisting in developing joint customers. The ideal candidate would have experience in selling Low Voltage and Medium Voltage electric motors.
This role will be responsible for formulating and executing business plans to penetrate and grow industrial accounts in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Montana (NEMA Trade Areas – 108-111, 122, 167, 168). The product portfolio is primarily focused on low voltage motors.
- Plans sales volumes and potentials of all customers in the assigned region
· Offer pricing and quotations within defined LOA guidelines.
- Understanding the industrial rotating equipment market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
- Developing a personal sales strategy that maximizes the return on time investment.
- Prepares / coordinates and negotiates proposals in cooperation with proposal management / other involved professionals and management.
- Analyzes the specific market conditions and builds a sound market related network of stakeholders.
- Spots opportunities for local product and service portfolio solutions.
- Building and maintaining a business plan by cultivating a healthy sales pipeline by uncovering new opportunities, following up on leads and managing the existing customer base
- Building long term partnerships with senior management at key customer accounts, solutions partners and channel partners
- Preparing presentations and professional proposals that highlight the value of our solutions and services
- Provides information via CRM for forecasts and planning.
- Completes sales and revenue related key reporting.
- Contributes to the development of After-Market business in the region.
- May act as a point of contact to customers in commercial matters and influences collaboration within the organization to secure customer support.
- Professionally escalating and expediting customer issues
- Engaging business unit technical and industry experts+ to provide solutions that address unique customer requirements
- Leveraging customer relationship management tools to manage the entire sales cycle, prioritize activities, and provide accurate forecasting information.
- Coordinates the realization of assignments, may coordinate and contribute to set up respective product developments, projects or services programs.
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 or more years of successful selling experience in rotating equipment and industrial products
- Experience in selling electric motors
- Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
- Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
- Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to travel up to 40%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with OEMs, End Users and channel partners highly desirable
- Knowledge of customers and competitors within the defined territory is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.