A successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day support of the manufacturing process at the reciprocating compressor plant in Painted Post, NY. They will determine optimal manufacturing steps and estimate processing times required to produce parts and assemblies. They will do this by:
- Designing fixtures, jigs, and tooling required to manufacture and test product components.
- Developing, implementing, and tracking continuous improvement / cost reduction projects.
- Supporting the Manufacturing Engineering group in document improvements to manufacturing efficiencies, track time, floor space utilization, and overhead.
- Evaluating existing machinery and processes to recommend improvements.
This candidate will be a part of the Manufacturing Engineering group and will report to the Head of Manufacturing Engineering.
- Create and maintain CNC programs, tooling and supporting machine setup information
- Develop and improve process plans, labor estimates and work standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to meeting scheduled release dates.
- Provide shop floor personnel with manufacturing assistance and expertise through regular contact with supervision and operators.
- Identifies and implements improvements to the process which reduce cost and improve product quality and competitive position.
- Maintains a current knowledge on CNC capabilities, tooling, process planning and Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) technology
- High Diploma or Equivalent and/or Associates degree in Manufacturing Technology or 5 years of machining experience
- 5-7 years of manufacturing experience
- 3 years CAD/CAM experience with Siemens NX (Unigraphics) or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Estimated 10% travel required
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, industrial, or manufacturing engineering
- Experience in CNC post-processor development
- Previous work experience in power generation manufacturing
- Tooling/fixturing design experience
- Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing experience
- Prior knowledge of Siemens applications, customers, processes, and products
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Siemens Gas and Power (GP) is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. GP comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Siemens Gas and Power has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Dresser-Rand Company
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.