The Energy Automation Protection & Control Solution Sales Executive will be responsible for the sales target agreement on a quarterly basis, establish and lead the sales initiatives to grow new and existing clients belonging to the industrial and infrastructure vertical for integrated Protection and Control (P&C) systems.
This role is part of the Digital Grid Business Unit within the Smart Infrastructure Division. The position will be located in Houston and will work directly with the colleagues in the US and Germany.
The end customers belong to the industrial and infrastructure vertical, and so do the EPCs as main direct customers.
The territory of responsibility is the US and Canada. This role is responsible for meeting the target agreement on a quarterly basis across the P&C systems portfolio.
The following responsibilities and skills describe the requirements for this position:
- Meet the sales target agreements on a quarterly basis for local and international industry and infrastructure opportunities and the corresponding EPCs in the US and Canada. Most of the customers will be in Houston.
- Increase the order intake in the nominated accounts compared to the previous fiscal year. Develop and execute your strategic account plan to increase the order intake for the nominated accounts
- Account management activities at all customer levels (operational and C-Level) ensuring a local Siemens interface for all international opportunities (focus)
- Technical and commercial support throughout FEED, EPC and procurement stages of all local and international opportunities
- Technical promotion of the Protection and Control systems portfolio. Establish and maintain a positive business relationship with customers to become a trusted Siemens technical advisor
- Drive global cross-border collaboration with other regions. Organizing and leading virtual teams across Energy Automation product lines to create and close customer opportunities for complex P&C system opportunities
- Main reporting line to your manager in Siemens Headquarters Digital Grid business unit, including the sales forecast, pipeline, actions, account plan, etc. As well as to the executive team in Siemens US and Canada Digital Grid business unit
- Drive activities to identify and pursue new business opportunities utilizing Siemens solutions and experience in the industrial and infrastructure vertical with focus on the target markets and customers
- Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales channels and Business Development Managers to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development
- Provide technical guidance and training to Siemens Sales channels and Business Development Managers for establishing standards and develop associated recommendations for ongoing business growth
- Support Product Life-Cycle Management process (PLM) in creating technical requirement documentation based on global and local market needs for development or adaptation of future products, solutions, and systems
- Represent Siemens Protection & Control Systems in various technical committees and organizations to influence industry standards and policies
The candidate shall have:
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent. Preferably Master of Science and with outstanding university grades
- A minimum of 6 years of previous experience in the Energy Protection & Control business. Preferably sales and P&C systems portfolio
- Strong technical knowledge of P&C portfolio.
- Experience with industry and infrastructure customers, as well as with EPC customers
- Motivation, drive and willingness to go the extra mile to grow the order intake in the industry and infrastructure market in the US and Canada
- Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management, and successful attainment of quota in a complex sales environment
- Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability and the ability to work with others. Demonstrated strong communication skills (both verbal and written.. Experience working with international teams
- Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.