Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
Siemens have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Gas Turbine Field Service Engineer to join the Siemens Aero Derivative Gas Turbine (AGT) business. You will join a team of 34 Field Engineers who sit across both Mechanical and Control areas and you will report to the Field Service Manager. As our new Mechanical Gas Turbine Field Service Engineer, you will provide a full professional service to projects to ensure minimised downtime and provide Installation, commissioning, maintenance, fault finding / diagnostic & repair services in the field.
This is a permanent opportunity which will require regular global travel so therefore it is imperative that you have a valid passport and full driving licence. As long as you can get to an airport within a couple of hours, you can be based anywhere in the UK.
Over the past few years, our aero-derivative turbine business has successfully grown to be a €700million per annum global business by focusing on the supply and support of aero-derivative gas turbine packages and equipment to the global oil & gas and power generation markets. The business has supplied over 4,000 gas turbines to customers in over 80 countries accumulating over 200 million hours of operating experience. It is our vision to be the customers' first choice for distributed power generation and compression systems solutions.
What part will you play?
- Be the customer interface for Field Service and understand the value of excellent customer service delivery
- Provide in field and technical support for our global Long-Term Projects (LTP), Installation & Commissioning (I&C), Engineered Solutions (ESoL) & Ad-hoc requirements
- Identify and resolve complex technical and performance issues (sometimes outside normal working hours)
- Understand the build and performance of our products and component parts and interpret P&ID and dimensional drawings
- Verify OEM installation instruction
- Commission, Modification, Service and Repair equipment
- Communicate progress, schedules and open items with client
- Prepare detailed technical reports and complete required documentation
- Enforce HSE requirements and promote a safety-first culture
- Compile Technical and Safety Documentation for planned and un-planned maintenance
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with customers
- Identify sales opportunities to increase company revenue
We don't need superheroes, just super minds
- Understanding of Rotating Equipment operation, in both Gas Compression and Power Generation applications
- Capable of troubleshooting and rectifying in-field problems
- An awareness and understanding of Dry Gas Seal System Design and associated fault finding
- The ability to conduct preventative and corrective maintenance tasks and Installation & Commissioning activities
- Capable of Interpreting Piping and instrumentation diagram’s, general engineering drawings, and controls schematics
- Able to take responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Siemens and Customer Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures
- Able to produce technical reports, based on work conducted and recommendations required to resolve customer issues, and/or improve system reliability and availability
- Able to work at all levels to communicate project status and scope of work to Customers, Project managers and Field Service colleagues
- Able to travel internationally for up to 42 days and mobilise at short notice including weekends and work offshore on Oil Platforms and Vessels
- Demonstrate relevant training with Certificates; be able to obtain offshore certification OGUK and CCNSG
What can we offer?
Siemens Gas and Power is passionate about helping customers navigate the world’s most pressing energy problems, both for today and tomorrow. Some of our products, solutions and services make fossil energy greener, deliver decentralised flexible power solutions and manage the complexities of the grid.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary and annual bonus as well as overtime and allowances. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you. We offer 26 days holiday (which increases with service), up to 10% pension contribution match, an excellent company share scheme and employee discounts just to name a few.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business; therefore, we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Planned changes to our business
In May 2019 Siemens announced that its Gas and Power (GP) business, comprising the company's oil and gas, conventional power generation, power transmission and related services businesses – is to be given complete independence and entrepreneurial freedom through a carveout and a subsequent public listing (spinoff). Plans call for the stock exchange listing to take place by September 2020. We're convinced that this strategic decision will be positive for all participants and enable long-term value creation for customers, employees and shareholders. Click here for more information on the Gas & Power business
Organization: Gas and Power
Company: Industrial Turbine Company (UK) Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time