Make an impact, from day one.
Siemens Management Consulting (SMC) is the global management consultancy for one of the world’s
most innovative engineering and technology companies. We drive the digital transformation forward and provide Siemens and numerous other clients in the technology sector with consulting services, ranging
from strategy through to implementation. Our mission is to transform our clients’ future and to develop the
talent of today into the business leaders and experts of tomorrow.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for Operations Consultant to join our operations consulting team. Our Operations Consulting team stands for product and process excellence in a digital context. We develop outstanding solutions. Together with our clients, we transform core businesses and make them resilient in the digital world.
This role is based out of our Manchester HQ, which offers a fantastic base to develop and maintain customer relationships across our internal and external partners.
A career at SMC means you'll see the real-world impact of your thinking from day one.
This is your role. What part will you play?
In our Production Excellence and Factory Planning practices, we create concepts and implement state-of-the-art improvement projects and consequently increase the factory's contribution to results and (process) efficiency. We secure a competitive advantage for our clients through in-depth expertise in digitalization of manufacturing processes and automation.
- In this role you will analyze client requirements and the current situations by understanding value flows, information flows, process recordings and disruptions in production
- Plan and optimize factory layouts and material flows, design production control and logistics using lean methods and evaluate solutions using the digital twin
- Identify potentials in production and logistics through digitalization, automation and industrialization of new manufacturing technologies, such as additive manufacturing
- Support digitalization and lean activities
- Assume responsibility for own project modules and lead or coach your team member
- Present your project results to senior management
- Continuously develop as a thought leader in contact with leading institutes our range of consulting services in Digitalization and Factory Planning
We are not looking for superheroes, just super minds.
- You will have experience in consulting, especially in digitalization and production design in lean consulting with a cross-departmental focus
- Excellent knowledge of lean methodologies and production systems, management and automation technology, industrial engineering and quality management
- University degree (master's/diploma/doctorate) or equivalent
- A passion for analytical and conceptual skills, with a strong entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of social competence and team spirit
- This role has large amount of travel (80%), so flexibility is a must
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit extraordinary minds from all walks of life. We recognize that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore, we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool and welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. Siemens encourage everyone to bring their whole self to work, and we support applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/siemens the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
www.siemens.de/smc – if you'd like more information about jobs and your career opportunities at Siemens Management Consulting.
Organization: Internet of Things
Company: Siemens plc
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time