Project Coordinator – Norfolk, VA
In this entry level position, you will work closely with the Operations Manager and Project Managers regarding back-office tasks for project execution and adherence to associated company policies/procedure/work instructions. The objective of the position is to allow Project Managers and Supervisors to focus on job execution, while ensuring implementation of our core business processes. You will act as the HUB on all projects ensuring they move smoothly through the project life cycle, including focused attention on document control, project close out, and at times correspondence with customers, on behalf of the Project Manager, in order to help ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure booking package is complete, obtain any missing documents and store in the Electronic folder.
- Obtain Plans and specifications and ensure they are delivered to the PM and Project Engineer.
- Verify any contract specific prevailing wage requirements and coordinate with PM to identify which work requires the payment of prevailing wage.
- Coordinate with Prevailing Wage payroll support to ensure the project is flagged for proper prevailing wage payment, as applicable.
- Schedule the Sales to Operations Handover meeting, as applicable, and ensure the handover process is completed on all projects.
- Perform regular follow up on comments and action items from the Sales to Operations Handover meeting (if applicable).
- Schedule the PM to Technical Workforce Turnover Meeting, as applicable
- Ensure correct Responsible Person and Applicant are entered/updated in SAP and adjust the project millstone (User Status – i.e. PM80 PM100) in SAP.
- Add technical workforce personnel in Project Builder, as directed by PM to allow correct and timely timesheet entry.
JOBS in Progress (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
General PM Support:
Provide support to the Project Manager with duties pertaining to projects, as defined by policy/procedure/work instruction and at the direction of the Project Manager or Operations Manager, as applicable. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
o Obtaining construction documents
o Project related document creation, copying, distribution and control
o Coordinate material purchasing and delivery to appropriate locations (as needed)
o Track material to ensure requested ship/deliver dates are met and costs properly accounted for in the project cost
o Provide support for any P-Card purchases and reconciliation to job costing in SAP.
o Be the liaison between the Project Manager, Specialists, Sales Executives, Procurement, Engineering, FBA and other back-office Staff as required.
o Work with Project Manager to ensure permits/approvals are opened before work begins and closed at job completion
o Validate with Operations Manager that licensing requirements have been validated.
o Certified payroll documents are received timely.
o Ensure that certificates of insurance are not expired.
o Work with Project Manager to submit and ensure Change Orders are booked to the project.
o Forecasting – run a forecast accuracy report from PMCT at the beginning of each month and make available to the Operations Manager and Project Manager
Be the liaison between the FBA organization and the Project Manager to review and submit invoice requests (including SOV documents) per the defined policy/procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
o Update and print out the prior months billing and distribute to each Project Manager being supported, by the 5th working day of the month
o Work with the Project Manager to create new billing documents.
o Submit and track all updated billing requests from the Project Manager in PMCT.
o Inform the Project Manager of potential CIE issues on projects for corrective action, as appropriate.
o Input new billings for month into the appropriate billing form, obtain Project Manager approval for processing and submit the billing form to billing processor per the applicable timing as noted by policy/procedure.
- Required Education: High school diploma / GED
- Proficient is standard MS Office software, SAP, or cloud-based applications and general computer related functions
- Ability work with and influence remote colleagues
- Engage and motivate others via different modes such as in-person, phone and other company provided communication tools
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines and schedules
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Possess strong written and oral communications skills as well as great analytical skills
- Ability to read and understand standard contracts
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.